Sonett spray starch made from vegetable starch is 100% organic and starch all patchwork fabrics without leaving any residue. Anyone who works in small parts and loves to sew precisely should starch their fabrics before use. Starching patchwork fabrics prevents stretching of the bias grain and gives the fabric a slight stiffness that allows pieces of fabric to pass more neatly under the presser foot. In contrast to American quilters, starching patchwork fabrics is less popular here in Germany, but you should definitely try it out, exact piecing guaranteed!
- Quantity: 1000 ml bottle without spray head
- Video with Lisa Bongean: youtube-strengths
How to starch your patchwork fabrics
There are several ways to strengthen your fabric, but here’s how we do it:
- Lay patchwork fabric on a large towel
- Spray liberally so that the fabric is very damp
- Hang to dry, do not cling and allow to dry completely (preferably overnight)
You can also iron sprayed fabric dry, but then the starch will sometimes become visible in the form of white residue. Of course, these wash out without leaving any residue.